Islam encourages and urges its followers to learn, read, write and do research. Here are some proofs of the attitude of the religion of Islam towards education, learning and scientific thinking:
1. The first verses revealed in the Holy Quran say (what means): "Read in the name of the Lord, who created man from congealed blood." This means that the first revealed word was "read". This reflects the importance of reading and learning according to Islam.
2. The Holy Quran repeatedly orders Muslims to contemplate the universe, creatures, animals, seas, stars, the human body and plants.
3. The Holy Quran is scientific in its approach and thus it gives Muslims an example of scientific objectivity and the scientific approach. The Holy Quran often gives proofs to its statements.
4. The scientific approach of the Holy Quran is also clear when the Holy Quran requires proofs from the disbelievers for whatever claims they make.
5. The Holy Quran gives another example of scientific objectivity by repeatedly blaming disbelievers for their blind imitation of their forefathers. This is certainly an invitation from the Holy Quran to the believers and people to think independently and critically. Independent thinking is an essential condition for creativity, which is the first condition to scientific innovations and technological progress.
6. Prophet Muhammad , urged his Companions to use their own judgment if they faced problems to which there was no specific solution in the Holy Quran or the traditions of Prophet Muhammad . This encouragement of free judgment is a green signal that stimulates people to think, but without going against the principles of Islam.
7. Prophet Muhammad ordered people to record knowledge in books