Monday 31 October 2011

She used to do the secret habit and did not do ghusl but she fasted and prayed

 

I hope that you can advise me about my situation that I have researched a great deal but I have not found any answer and I am living in a state of constant anxiety. I hope that you can advise me. 


When I was young, I did the secret habit (masturbation) from the age of 12 and I did not know what it meant or even what it was. At the age of 14 I found out that it was that bad secret habit, but I did not know the ruling on it; I only knew that it was serious and that it causes diseases. At that age I did not pray, but I used to fast without praying. 


At the age of 15, I began to pray and fast and I stopped listening to music, but I still did the secret habit and did not know the ruling on it; if I did it I did not do ghusl and I used to pray and fast after that. I did it twice during the day in Ramadan, I am not sure.

At the age of 18, I read in a book that it is haraam and that ghusl is required after it, but I could not repent from it and I carried on doing it even after getting married. But now I have repented sincerely to Allah and I am 27 years old. 


My question is: what is the ruling on what I did and what should I do? 


What is the ruling on my fasting and prayers when I used to do it and did not do ghusl, then I would pray? What is the ruling on my fast and what is the expiation for what I did? What is the ruling on the two days on which I did this habit in the day in Ramadan and what is the expiation?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly: 

Masturbation, or what is called the secret habit, is haraam
because of the evidence which has been explained in the answer to question
number 329. If climax is reached
as a result, it is obligatory to do ghusl (full ablution). 

There is no particular expiation for masturbation, but it is
obligatory to repent from it, by giving it up, regretting having done it and
resolving not to go back to it. 

Secondly: 

If doing the secret habit is accompanied by climax, then this
invalidates the fast and prayer is not valid unless you do ghusl. 

If it was not accompanied by climax, then your prayer and
fasting are valid. 

Thirdly: 

If a person masturbates and is ignorant of the ruling that it
is obligatory to do ghusl afterwards and that it invalidates the fast, does
he have to make up the prayer and the fast? There is a difference of opinion
among the fuqaha’ concerning that, but the majority are of the view that it
is obligatory to make them up. Some scholars are of the view that it is not
obligatory. See the answer to question number
50017. 

In order to be on the safe side, you should make up the fast
of those two days, if climax was reached. 

With regard to prayer, you should do a lot of naafil prayers
and righteous deeds, but we do not think that you are obliged to make them
up. 

Fourthly: 

You should know that there are signs of reaching puberty and
that a girl may reach puberty before the age of 15, if she starts to
menstruate or if any of the other signs of puberty appear. For more
information on that, please see the answer to question number
20475 and
21246. 

What happened to you emphasises the importance of seeking
Islamic knowledge, which is something that is easy to do nowadays, praise be
to Allah. 

We ask Allah to guide us and you and make us steadfast. 

And Allah knows best.

Learn Holy Quran because it will be a proof for us muslim on the Day of Judgment.

This is due to the statement of the Messenger: “And the Quran is a proof for you or against you.” [Muslim] so the deputy of every Muslim is to read quran and learn quran with tajweed so one of two things will occur with this proof, the Book of Allah. And this quran education will be in your favor, a proof for us on the Day when we will need every single good deed and learning quran along with doing quran memorization is one of it and to add more spread the quran teaching and spread the kids quran knowledge and listening to quran online and understand the quran tafseer , it will be something standing against us and follow the guidance of or prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, and these good deeds will be a proof against us! Who could be saved from the terrors of that Day if Allah’s own Speech is against him?!?! Think carefully, so reading Arabic Quran and teaching our kids quran qaida with the tafseer of quran  and let the kids memorize quran dear Muslim brother or sister, about your position with the reading Quran! Are you neglecting it, contradicting it, being heedless of its orders and prohibitions, are you thinking deeply over it?! Will it be on your side on the Day of Judgment.? So learn quran recitation! O Allah! We ask you, by Your Glorious Speech and the rest of your beautiful Names and Attributes, to make the Quran a proof for us! So the Quran tutor should let his student know about these facts also,

No comments:

Post a Comment